Repertoire for expecting mothers
When Zoltán Kodály, the Hungarian composer, pedagogue and philosopher was asked at a conference, 'When should the musical education of a child start?' his answer was: 'Nine months before the birth.'
Here are our music recommendations for expecting mothers:
- Vivaldi 'Four Seasons' for violin and string orchestra
- J.S. Bach 'Double Concerto' for two violins and strings with continuo
Anything by W.A. Mozart. Strongly recommended:
- 'Symphony Concertante' for violin and viola and chamber orchestra
- The Magic Flute, Opera
- I.Stravinski: 'Petruschka'
- I.Stravinski: 'The Rite of Spring'
- B.Bartók: 'Concerto for Orchestra'
- Anything from Oscar Peterson
- Anything from The King's Singers